Educators interested in teaching at the Georgia Virtual School should complete the Effective Online Teaching course. Verification is a prerequisite for consideration.
Apply for Open Positions. Register and complete your resume online at www.teachers-teachers.com/employer/Georgia-Virtual-Learning-11377
Qualified candidates will be notified about an online interview. Georgia Virtual School administration and content peers will present information about the hiring process, discuss teaching qualifications and experience with candidates and offer time for questions.
Prospective teachers at Georgia Virtual School are required to attend orientation at the Georgia Department of Education located in Atlanta, Georgia.
Prospective teachers also complete the New Instructor Preparation Course. This online training includes instruction on the pedagogy of virtual learning and the technical aspects of the online platform. Teachers are also provided with hands-on experiences and mentoring from veteran online instructors.
- Consists of a three week training program with continuous use of the Brightspace platform and practice course
- Orientation course is heavily saturated in Brightspace tools
- Integrates best practices for the facilitation of online courses
- Highlights Georgia Virtual School's policies and procedures
- Offers continuous interaction with fellow trainees and Training Specialist via the Discussion forum and Adobe Connect sessions
- Use of Yammer for continued collaboration and resources
- Pairing with a member of the GaVS Mentor Team
Teachers at Georgia Virtual School begin as adjunct instructors. Part time and Full time salary positions are available for successful adjunct teachers depending on enrollments and strategic planning.
Adjunct Teacher Pay
Adjunct teachers are paid through the Georgia Department of Education on a per student basis each semester.
- <½ Carnegie unit course - $130/student
- ½ Carnegie unit AP course - $155/student
- 1 Carnegie unit course (block) - $260/student
- 1 Carnegie unit AP course (block) - $310/student
Teaching and other assignments are determined by program enrollment and needs at the discretion of the GAVS administration. Teaching assignments may be offered during fall, spring or summer semesters.
Out-of-State Certified Teachers
Do you hold a valid, teaching certificate from another state? Visit the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (www.gapsc.com
) for further information about attaining a Georgia teaching certificate. For more information about interstate reciprocity, visit http://www.gapsc.com/certification/documents/traditional_routes.asp
If you would like more information about Georgia Virtual School Opportunities please complete the Interest Survey
Email email@example.com if you have specific employment questions. Current job openings are linked on the right side of the page.